Friday, July 15, 2011

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try once more."

I really debated about going through and deleting all of the old posts. That way no one could see that I tried, and failed, and tried, and failed, and over and over again. But deleting them all and making this look like a one time success would be dishonest. They will remain.

I'm back and heavier than ever. But I'm not here to dwell on my weight, I'm here to do something about it.

Why? Because I am capable of accomplishing difficult things. That is my mantra for the moment. Loosing weight is difficult. Loosing weight with PCOS is reportedly very difficult. Finding time to exercise, eat right, and accomplish everything else in life right now is difficult. That doesn't matter though, because I am capable of accomplishing difficult things. Yes they are difficult. So what. With God all things are possible.

Last week I went to see a movie called "17 Miracles." It is the story of 17 miracles that occurred during the harsh trek to Utah by the Willie and Martin handcart companies. I had no idea going to the movie would affect me so profoundly; but, while I was there I heard the whisper that I am capable of accomplishing difficult things too. All 32 of my great-great-great grandparents were pioneers who made the trek to Zion and then continued to work for their entire lives. That's whose blood is in my veins. Blood of people who are committed and capable. My trek may be different, but my spirit is not. I can do this.

2 comments:

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

You can absolutely do it! Just keep your head high, and find something fun like dancing that you can do in your home and burn off tons of calories. Just 10-15 lbs will make you feel so much better. Good luck!

Find me here http://50byChristmas.blogspot.com